Head of Bridal/Eveningwear Fittings
ABOUT THE COMPANY
My Client is an English born designer and has been at the forefront of British bridal design for 26 years, with a flagship atelier in Knightsbridge.
Everything about a her gowns are unique; from the exquisite choice of fabric, to the foundation of the gown, which is created using unique corsetry and undergarments techniques. All wedding gowns are made in the UK by their skilled team to ensure the perfect fit.
My Client is renowned for a high level of personal and professional standards. They are committed to providing the best customer service within a friendly, positive working environment. Their clients travel from all over the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A wonderful opportunity has a risen for a talented female- technician with a passion for luxury bridal and evening wear. The role involves running the busy fitting department in Knightsbridge, overseeing all fittings and organising the alterations whilst offering their clients the highest level of customer service.
Ensuring the highest level of technical fitting excellence in all designs produced by the company for the Flagship store based in Knightsbridge. Providing and fulfilling an unparalleled fitting service within their Flagship Store.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Seeing all clients from initial tole fitting through to the delivery of the gown within the Flagship Store
- Write all special instructions as necessary to the Product Development Manager and Production Manager to create bespoke toiles as necessary
- Responsible for all fittings within the Flagship Boutique, including management of Fitters and Seamstresses as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the business
- Ensuring that all technical and quality control activities are completed to the company standards
- Supporting the sale team in Knightsbridge store regarding all technical or design changes
- Other duties as reasonably required
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in creation of luxury / couture bridal or eveningwear
- Complex / semi-couture luxury bridal / eveningwear
- Multi-product knowledge
- Manual pattern making / alteration / cutting
- Extensive understanding of garment construction
- Made-to-measure garments
- Quality control
- Sewing / machining to high level
- Customer facing / high level of service
- Personable, reliable, enthusiastic and trustworthy
- Strong attention to detail
- High customer service ethic
- High product quality ethic
- Able to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Able to work using own initiative
- Ability to manage a busy workroom
- Due to the nature of the role, applications are only open to female candidates. (Exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9 ).
If you would like to apply for this position and be considered for a trial. Please email your CV & Portfolio to Nataliesmith@freedomrecruit.com
If this Head of Bridal/Eveningwear Fittings role interests you, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit your cv with your portfolio and quote reference NS - HF - KB.APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Head of Bridal/Eveningwear Fittings
ABOUT THE COMPANY My Client is an English born designer and has been at the forefront of British bridal design for 26 years, with a flagship atelier in Knightsbridge. Everything about a her gowns are unique; from the exquisite choice of fabric, to the foundation of the gown, which is created using ..
** CALLING ALL SAMPLE CUTTERS IN NORTH LONDON ** My client is currently looking for an experienced Sample Cutter to work on a permanent basis. About the Company... Based in North London they specialise in high quality garment production from design to delivery. Including pattern cutting - samplin..
Junior Garment Technologist
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Garment Technologist with an exciting London based designer. You will be assisting and working with the Garment technologist in the approval procedure through to the bulk production. They are looking for some one with at least 2 years experience of working wi..