Fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a well known supplier who has offices in central London. They are seeking a Womans Knitwear Designer who can work across a young, trend led high street and international accounts. The designer will be required to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment. You will be designing our core range of Ladies knitwear, with monthly catwalk capsules to tap into key trends, that sit within the main range.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is an established supplier who manufacture on-trend Knitwear to popular fashion retail outlets.
About the Womenswear Knitwear Design role
The ideal candidate must be an established designer who is confident working in a fast paced environment. You must be comfortable working from concept through to final product and then liaise with the buyers as you will be responsible for the account specifically.
- Collaborate with the London Manager and other members of the team to design seasonal concepts and range planning.
- Leading and building the company's knit offer and being involved in the growth of the accounts.
- Design of the knitwear range, working in line with the seasonal themes. Demonstrating commercial awareness and and keen eye for detail.
- Working on each section of the design process, from initial trend through to order confirmation.
- Following the catwalks and being up to date with emerging trends.
- Sourcing the newest yarns and trims.
- Working closely with and supporting the design team where necessary.
- Comfortable opening new accounts & Leading meetings, key contacts with the UK retailers would be advantageous. Such as New Look, Sainsburys, Next etc.
- Must have a strong technical knowledge of knitwear and stitch construction.
- Producing clear Tech packs for initial samples, in the range.
- Responsible for follow up with our office in China on a day to day basis. To follow through on the sample development and answer any queries they may have.
- experience designing knitwear within a retailer or supplier
- Passionate about knitwear with great technical knowledge of all gauge, machine and stitches
- Confident enough to hold own buyer meetings
- Able to work on accurate technical specifications
- Excellent CAD/presentation skills with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Great can do attitude
- Able to work in a faced paced environment
If this Womenswear role interests you, please click the 'Apply' button and submit your cv and portfolio to email@example.com
If this Knitwear Designer role interests you, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit your cv with your portfolio and quote reference MRY56323/001.APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Jersey/Graphic Designer for Menswear High Street Brand, China
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Jersey/Graphic Designer is available within a global menswear high street fashion brand based in China About the Company... The brand is a European brand which has found its greatest success in China. It is highly dinamic as it produces several collections per ..
MENSWEAR DESIGNER - CENTRAL LONDON - SUPPLIER - SALARY UP TO £28K We are working with a leading high street supplier that is currently looking to hire a Menswear Jersey Designer for their central London based team. About the company... My client is part of a bigger group, and with a presence acr..
Woven Designer Womenswear
Womenswear Woven Designer A great opportunity to join a brand new team as a Woven Designer for a Global Retailer. About the company... Our client is a leading lifestyle retail chain who offers high-quality products across Womenswear. About the Jersey Design role... * To constantly be up to dat..