Garment Technologist - Suede & Leather
My client has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, confident and motivated Garment Technologist to join the Tailoring, Occasion, Outerwear, and Suede & Leather department within their Production team on a 12 month maternity cover contract . You will work closely with the Buyers and Designers of various departments to seal garments from the initial design sample.
ABOUT THE ROLE
* Leads fit sessions with Buying and Design teams
* Prepares specifications and completes fully graded size charts for bulk manufacture
* Ensures my clients manufacturing quality standards are adhered to
* Ensures all branding is to my clients standards and from nominated suppliers
* Understands fabric performance and testing results, ensuring the most appropriate care instructions
* Assesses quality performance from product returns, retail and customer feedback and ensures knowledge is applied to future product developments
* Promotes quality both internally and to suppliers
* Builds relationships with key suppliers in order to maintain and improve fit and quality
* Prepares supplier feedback on a regular basis and have input on brand sourcing decisions
* Benchmarks the relative value of my clients product against the competition
* Ensures new manufacturing techniques and fabrics are fed back to Buying
* Contributes appropriate fit and quality facts to department strategy reviews
* Supports technologists in the production team across other product areas to ensure comments are sent to suppliers in a timely manner
* Experience at a Garment Technologist level within Tailoring, Occasion, Outerwear, and Suede & Leather product areas
* Understands size and shape of models and how differences may affect fit
* Have in depth knowledge of fit and construction, preparing accurate comments to suppliers
* Good knowledge of supplier ethical standards and improvements if any needed
* Knowledge of factories production methods and quality systems to ensure well matched to business needs
* Understands production flow and influence teams CPA decisions that affect quality, fit and delivery
* Understands target customer and delivers their quality expectations
* Works well under pressure in a fast paced working environment
Designing clothes for the modern women who truly live the city. Creating for women who seek reward in their every moment - both at work and at play. My client is an urban spirit and attitude that could only be British now.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY CANDIDATES WITH LEATHER & SUEDE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
If this Garment Technologist - Suede & Leather role interests you, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit your cv with your portfolio and quote reference GT - MC - S/L.APPLY FOR THIS JOB
PATTERN CUTTER - MANUAL
WE ARE LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED MULTI - PRODUCT PATTERN CUTTERS ! (MANUAL) We are looking for a passionate individuals who are consistent in delivering high-quality production with a good time-keeping. The candidates are expected to perform in a high-quality work and possess at least 5 years of pat..
Vetigraph Pattern Cutter
CALLING ALL VETIGRAPH PATTERN CUTTERS My client are now looking for a full time pattern cutter to work in their London office. Below is an outline of what they require, this describes their ideal candidate The pattern cutter will work on the Design side creating first patterns for initial buying ..
CALLING ALL SAMPLE CUTTERS! Both suppliers/designers are looking for experienced sample cutters to work on womenswear jersey/soft wovens aswell as intricate fabrics. The position is to start immediately on an on-going temporary basis. As the Sample Cutter, you will work closely with the sample te..