LADIES DENIM DESIGN MANAGER - SUPPLIER - HONGKONG
Fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a well-known supplier who has offices in Hongkong. They are seeking for a Senior Designer / Manager to be based out of Hong Kong offices. Hong Kong offices house our there main Design Team with a group of Fashion Designers, Fabric Specialists, Print, Textile & Graphic artists and Trend Forecasters, that provide product inspiration and market intelligence to our clients.
About the company...
Our client is an established supplier who manufacture on-trend denim to popular fashion retail brands. A supplier of Ladies Bottoms to all major US retailers. We are based out of New York, Hong Kong and China and supply Junior, Missy and Men's bottoms in Casual, Career, Active and Denim.
About the Senior Womenswear Denim Design role...
The ideal candidate must be an established designer who is confident working in a fast-paced environment. You must be comfortable working from concept through to final product and then liaise with the buyers as you will be responsible for the account specifically. The current opening is for the Junior Denims area and the requirement would be for someone that has 7+ years' experience in Junior and Denim apparel and has managed a team to put together a line and handled independently Fabric development, Wash development and CAD for Print and Embellishment. The person should have good experience in Market Research and be able to coordinate with the Design Teams of the major retailers we supply to.
- Bachelors degree holder in Fashion Design or Product Development, with a minimum 7 years relevant experience in Design & PD for Junior & Denim Apparel.
- Exposure and experience working with the US markets.
- Confident in managing and maintaining customer relationships and managing projects
- Strong organization and communication skills - ability to collaborate with multiple departments to achieve company objectives
- Excellent market knowledge and trend awareness with an elevated taste level with the ability to translate this to commercial products appropriate for specific customers.
- Firm understanding of fabrication and trims
- General to advanced understanding of garment structure and specs
- Proficient in Adobe AI, Photoshop and MS office applications
- Proficient in computer sketching, creating tech packs and sample development tracking
- Excellent written and spoken English
If you are interested please forward all CV's and examples of work