Senior Print designer
About The Company
Currently recruiting for a senior print designer for a Luxury brand with a world wide presence to be based in there London based studio. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a brand that is known for there print design.
About The Role
- Attends the pre-collection fabric appointments with the RM&FSM and visit to PV and any other relevant trade show
- Manage and supervise the Design Assistants (print)
- Mutually responsible for up to date collection briefs
- Work with Product Development Manager and Atelier Manager on print placement priority list based on business requirements and ensure these are delivered to spec and on time.
- Supervise the maintenance of the print archive
- Oversees the team in ensuring the production print files amended, executed and checked according to the company critical path and Production deadlines.
- Oversees any freelancers engaged to support team or work on additional or special projects.
- Creating and managing the on-time research for the season and delivery of the development seasonal critical path in accordance with the business deadlines and needs as well as impact on aesthetic of the collection.
- Managing the Creative Directors seasonal diary to ensure timely sign off of seasonal mood boards, 1st print designs, 1st s/off, print placements, colour ups and sms review.
- Supports the Design Manager and Raw Materials & Fabric Sourcing Manager in the research and organization of pre/main collections base fabrics in according to the Range Plan Brief.
- Supports the Design Manager in taking responsibility for all pre and main collections (4 a year in total) and special projects
- Travel to mills for development purposes at key hand over times during the sampling process
- Regular Design update meeting with key departments.
- Liaison with Sales team at regular points in the development season for feedback and recommended RRP's and margins
- Creates all print placements and then presents to the Creative Directors and ensures that print element of the collection is developed and planned on time to the Range Plan.
- Tracks the department monthly cost reports and seasonal budgets and ensuring they do not go over the allocated figure (research material, test print runs, design equipment magazines, vintage samples etc)
- Touch Points - works closely with the Product Development Manager and team, Design team, Sales, RM&FSM, Atelier Manager to trouble shoot and ensure each collection moves smoothly from department to department
If this Senior Print designer role interests you, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit your cv with your portfolio and quote reference DJM57591/001_1535444974.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB