We are working with a leading high street supplier that is currently looking to hire a Menswear Jersey Designer for their central London based team.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
My client is part of a bigger group, and with a presence across various territories globally, they are taking the UK market with a bang! They have achieved a steady growth in recent years and have further plans and projects on the horizon.
This is a very exciting time for this company as they are growing and expanding and wanted talented designers to join their team.
About the Menswear Designer role
The ideal candidate would be a young enthusiastic designer looking for a step up, with a strong eye for trend and some experience working with graphics.
Main responsibilities include:
- Research and propose jersey product focused at key customer accounts as well as supporting development of in house branded fast fashion collection.
- To work closely with customers, building strong relationships and taking design requests, developing their packs or briefs to sample stage ready for their buying meetings.
- Conduct regular store visits, and in-depth research into emerging trends and direction to ensure the highest levels of market awareness.
- To work with our Source teams in Turkey India Bangladesh and to travel to develop designs either for the internal range or as demanded by customer appointments.
- Working closely with other internal departments to develop and source fabrics, trims and techniques to ensure product exceeds market standards.
- Assisting with other duties as and when required.
As this is a new role you will need to be able to work independently however also help develop the culture of the business.
- A strong team player but also the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Someone who has a real flare for understanding key trends and colour and what is the current must have on the UK high street.
- Proven experience of working within a supplier or retailer.
- Understanding of costing and the sales process.
- You must be a dynamic individual, able to adapt to the changing needs of the clients and with exceptional organisational and communication skills.
This role is of high priority as our client is looking to fill the role with asap.
If this Menswear Design role interests you, please click the 'Apply' button and submit your cv and quote reference DJM55399
If this Menswear Designer role interests you, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit your cv with your portfolio and quote reference DJM55399/002.APPLY FOR THIS JOB
LADIES KNITWEAR DESIGNER - SUPPLIER - LONDON - SALARY UP TO £35K Fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a well known supplier who has offices in central London. They are seeking a Womans Knitwear Designer who can work across a young, trend led high street and international accounts. About t..
Mens Formalwear Designer
Mens Formalwear Designer - London - High Street Brand Are you a Designer looking for a new fresh challenge? My client is a contemporay and classic Menswear Brand who are seeking a talented Menswear Designer to join their London team. About the company... An established Menswear High Street Brand ..
Designer License Homeware
We have new exciting role for a Designer License for the homeware department of a successful high street brand. You are responsible for defining the relevant trend direction and briefing, as well as for managing, directing and coordinating the creative design process with various License partners o..