My client is an award-winning designer and manufacturer for luxury brands. They are based in West London and this role will also include some travel. This is a demanding and busy role working to ensure the quality and timely delivery of a variety of garments to high standards. (designer wear level) The ability to pay attention to detail and good time management are essential in this position as well as good communication and people skills.
The role will include the responsibility for:
- All manufacturing and logistics planning.
- Communications with suppliers to ensure capacity booking and the monitoring of timely delivery.
- Coordinating with materials buyer on availability of materials
- Planning and managing in house workroom.
- Monitoring of costs and efficiencies to ensure profit margins.
- Trouble shooting production problems
- Packing materials for production
- Managing all samples
- Brexit related changes to processes and strategic planning.
- Travelling to factories to supervise production
- Quality control and management of issues.
- Documenting all information and working with ERP production database.
- Booking production in and out to customers.
- Coordinating with sales team to prioritise project critical paths.
The skills you will need to have to be able to execute your work successfully include:
- GARMENT CONSTRUCTION KNOWLEDGE (INCLUDING TAILORED GARMENTS)
- NUMERATE WITH GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF EXCEL & DATABASE SYSTEMS
- KNOWLEDGE OF GARMENT COSTING
- ABLE TO WORK ON AND READ PATTERNS
- ORGANISED AND TIDY WITH ABILITY TO PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS - VERBAL AND WRITTEN
- ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK AND WORK UNDER PRESSURE
- EXPERIENCE IN WORKING TO A CRITICAL PATH AND SET DEADLINES.
- CONFIDENT IN WORKING INDEPENDENTLY AS WELL AS PART OF A TEAM
- GENERAL GOOD COMPUTER SKILLS WITH SOME DATABASE EXPERIENCE
My client is looking to have someone on board by mid May.